Windows has been consistently succeeding in pleasing it’s users via it’s one of the most popular operating system for personal computers and laptops. Technically, majority of the users prefer this operating system over other OSs due to it’s simplicity, and easiness or comfort while use.
Additionally, the company, in return keeps it’s users engaged and satisfied by launching various updates and upgrades for the already launched versions; or by launching new versions 🙂
Currently, Windows 10 is the latest version of this operating system although it has been quite long since it was launched. Although the company conventionally used to provide it’s software versions at as fair price, Windows 10 is the only free upgrade.
So why not move towards a more technically version of OS, that too at no possible cost ?
First of all, if you have been used to the other versions of windows, you may find it uncomfortable to use Windows 10 at first. Only when you get the hang of it will you actually feel like at home experience.
In our today’s tutorial, we will be discussing some of the very convenient and easy steps. By following these steps, you can easily install Windows 10 on your PC or laptop.
Or if you really want to see what it’s like and if you are willing to work with it, you can download it on a test computer or make a system image of your PC in case you do not like it and want to go back to ‘normal’.
One thing you must keep in mind is that if you want Windows 10 for free you can only get it by upgrade.
Let’s see how it’s done:
Windows 10 on a Virtual Hard disk
- The first step is to download the ISO to which ever USB you choose to work with. You can use Windows Explorer format tool incase formatting is required, then using the ISO file and copying the contents of the virtual DVD to your USB.
- Next, you will open file explorer and right click on my computer and manage. Go to Storage option and click Disk management. Now you select the drive you will use, then open Action and select create VDH option.
- Now, go to the desired location where you want to create VDH and give it a file name.
- You just have to follow most of the clicks available at this point. When they prompt, create a VDH size and following the instructions it will be easily created.
- When this is done, you have to reboot your PC and on the screen will be visible an option asking you to install. Simply click on Install. When asked about the option to upgrade or install custom, you will choose custom install (we will cover upgrade method later in this article).
- Then you have to choose the location. Whether you want it in a single partition or two different ones is up to you. Mostly you will just be required to click next in this method and it will install.
The next steps are fairly simple to understand. You just have to go to your Microsoft account and they will ask you how you wish to set up, as a new Pc or you could use your previously saved settings as well. This is completely your choice.
Simple, wasn’t it?
Now another way to install Windows 10 is by clean install.
Let us learn the clean installation
In the clean install of Windows, all your previous files, programs and settings will be deleted and you will have a completely new system.
Early users had to use clean install method because that was the only way to get windows 10 or also if you got a new hardware system, but this process has its own disadvantages like losing out on your previously saved stuff. Now you do have the option of upgrade method which we will be discussing later in this article.
To Install from the Start:
- You will need to download and make an installation media; you can use a DVD or flash drive to install. Next you will need to download Windows 10 media creation tool from Microsoft. Using this, you can download Windows 10 installation files. Just select the option – create installation media.
- Select between Windows 10 Home or Professional, however sometimes this depending on your system, this option will not be available. Choose the preferred language and whether you want 32 or 64 bit version. The installer will guide you all these steps.
- Now you will start install Windows 10. Restart the PC with the installation media. Choose the option ‘Use a device’ in the advanced startup options, wait for the installer to start and select ‘Install Now’
- Now you will see a screen box. Here you will be asked to enter a key for windows 10. You can enter that and move ahead but if you have installed Windows 10 before,you will need to click on ‘I don’t have a product key’ and your work is done, the activation of Windows will occur automatically.
- You can now proceed with the setup. In this install you will choose “Custom” as the installation type because this is a clean install (same as the previous method)
- Next it will ask you where you want to install Windows, you can choose to one single partition or any other way you wish.
- From now the activation is automatic. But to check you can by checking the Settings. Click on update, then Security and then Activation tab
Next we will see how to install Windows 10 using upgrade method
The good thing about this method is that none of your files and programs will be lost.
- The procedure is simple and all you need is an existing Microsoft account. So go to the Microsoft website and sign up for Windows Insider Program. Then go to the technical preview page and Click on the option ‘Start Upgrade Process’
- The automatic download and installation will begin for the upgrade. Once that is done, you will be required to restart your PC. After this, you will see the option asking to install. Click on that option.
- This is a slow process so you will have to wait while it finishes, then you can use automatic settings or do them yourself, according to what you need. The two options you have are express settings and customize. (Obviously, express is quicker) And then you are done!
We thought we’d list the 3 possible ways with which you can easily install Windows 10 on your PC. By getting familiar with these methods, now you know which one you need to use based on your needs.
So this was all about installing Windows 10 by few simple and convenient methods, including all the possible aspects. However, one needs to take many things in consideration before actually installing or upgrading to Windows 10.
Recently switched to Windows 10 or already been using it ? We would be glad to know your opinions, reviews and experiences. Do not forget to interact with use or comment below 😉