Web development is a term that defines the work involved in the process of developing a website and web applications. Large scale companies entirely depend on the internet for Business prospective and advertizing. The web development field is a high demanding field in the IT sector. There are many programming languages for Web development. Talking about Programming languages in Web development, It can further categories into the following parts:
Client-side coding: The client-side includes coding includes those Programming languages that are not processed by Web servers. The work of client-side coding is generally limited to provide the User interface, Rollover effects, Navigation from one page to another, Validate user to input correct information on the web forms, Layouts of a particular web page. Languages used for client-side coding are:
- HTML: It is Hypertext markup language. It is so-called because we use markup tags. It is used to provide the user interface to the website. It is the basic of web development languages. If you want to start your carrier as a web developer, then basic knowledge HTML is a must. The latest version of the HTML is HTML5.
- CSS: It means cascading style sheets. This language is used to make the webpages attractive and to provide a user interface. It is used to give layout to the elements used in the web page. And Rollover effects and many more.
- Flash: This is a very good web development platform provided by Adobe. It makes the webpages attractive in terms of the User interface.
- Silverlight: It is the best platform, an alternative to Adobe Flash, provided by Microsoft. It makes the webpages attractive and also used as the best SEO practices.
Server-side coding: The server-side include those Programming languages that are processed by web servers. Actually, when the user sends request HTTP through the browser. Then first it gets compiled or interpreted and converted to those languages that are understood by browser and response back to the user via HTTP
These languages basically used to develop dynamic web pages. Where every request sends by the user is responsible for fetching the data from the database. Server-side programming languages are:
- ASP.net: ASP stands for Active Server Pages, this platform is provided by Microsoft There are many Other programming languages supporting asp.net include c#.net,VB.net for implementing business logic and to implement third-party tools in the web pages.
- PHP: PHP stands for Hypertext preprocessor. It is an open-source server-side programming language. It is first developed or designed by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995; After the 16 years of its appearance, it is the world’s no.1 web development platform.
- ColdFusion: ColdFusion is the hot way to create dynamic webpages that link to just about any database. ColdFusion is a programming language based on standard HTML (HyperText Markup Language) that is used to write dynamic webpages
- Perl: It is a High-Level Language programming language developed by Larry Wall in 1987.
- Python: It is a general-purpose, high-level programming language. It runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, and has been ported to the Java and .NET virtual machines. It is free to use, even for commercial products, because of its OSI(open source license) approved.
- Ruby: A dynamic, open-source programming language with a focus on simplicity and productivity. It has an elegant syntax that is natural to read and easy to write. It is an object-oriented programming language.
Database Technology: For a Data-driven website, the data storage device is needed. There are many leading Database Technologies in the market that supports not only database storage but Security implementation also. To operate the database, we need to have basic knowledge of programming languages. There are different database tools, and programming languages used in these are very similar. All is the need to have the knowledge of concepts.
- DB2 (IBM): DB2 is the latest version of the database and Product by IBM (International Business Machines).
- Microsoft SQL Server: Product by Microsoft. and best compatible with ASP.net
- MySQL: Open-source database best compatible with PHP and other open-source web development tools.
- Oracle: A native product by Oracle and now by Java. It is the best compatible database with JAVA, .net
So this was about Programming Languages For Web Development, hope this article might be helpful to you.